Photonfocus has just introduced another industrial video camera in its MV1 industrial camera line—the MV1-D1280-L01-1280-G2 1280×1024-pixel, 85fps (948fps in burst mode), with a GigE interface—which implements all standard features of the MV1 platform as well as burst mode, MROI (multiple regions of interest), and binning. In burst mode, the camera’s internal 2Gbit burst memory can store image sequences for subsequent analysis. The amount of storage depends on image resolution: 250msec at 1024×124 pixels, 1000msec at 512×512 pixels. The maximum amount of stored video also varies with the size of the specified ROI.
The MV1-D1280-L01-1280-G2 1280×1024-pixel, 85fps (948fps in burst mode) industrial video camera with a GigE interface
Like many of its existing industrial video cameras, Photonfocus’ MV1-D1280-L01-1280-G2 is based on a platform design that uses a Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA for a foundation. Use of the Spartan-6 FPGA permitted Photonfocus to create an extremely flexible vision-processing platform that serves as a common hardware foundation for several radically different types of rugged, industrial cameras in multiple camera lines. These cameras use very different imaging sensors to meet a wide variety of application requirements. The different sensors have very different sensor interfaces, which is why using the Spartan-6 FPGA—an interfacing wizard if there ever was one—as a foundation technology is such a good idea.
Here are some of the other Xilinx-based Photonfocus cameras covered previously in Xcell Daily:
- The MV1-D2048x1088-3D06 industrial laser-triangulation video camera with a programmable frame rate and ROIs ranging from 42 frames/sec for a 2048×1088-pixel region of interest in 2D+3D imaging mode to 18619 frames/sec for a 2048×11-pixel region of interest in 3D imaging mode. (See “Photonfocus’ new laser-triangulation video camera gets real-time performance from on-board Spartan-6 FPGA.”)
- The 2048×1088-pixel 3D03 and 2048×2048-pixel 3D04 series of high-frame-rate GigE video cameras. (See “High-speed laser-tracking Photonfocus video cameras adjust automatically over small positional drifts, aided by Spartan-6 FPGA.”)
- The three Quad Rate QR1-D2048x1088(I/C)-G2 GigE cameras. (See “Photonfocus FPGA-powered QuadRate technology pumps video cameras’ high frame rate (400Mbytes/sec) over GigE.”)
- The MV1-D2048x1088-HS02-96-G2 and MV1-D2048x1088-HS01-96-G2-10 GigE hyperspectral video cameras. (See “Hyperspectral GigE video cameras from Photonfocus see the unseen @ 42fps for diverse imaging applications.”)
- The MV1-D2048x1088-HS03-96-G2 GigE hyperspectral camera. (See “New GigE Hyperspectral camera based on FPGA vision platform images 16 spectral bands from 470nm to 630nm.”)
via Xcell Daily Blog articles http://ift.tt/2fBJIws
January 20, 2018 at 05:22AM