The new Mellanox Innova-2 Adapter Card teams the company’s ConnectX-5 Ethernet controller with a Xilinx Kintex UltraScale+ KU15P FPGA to accelerate computing, storage, and networking in data centers. According to the announcement, “Innova-2 is based on an efficient combination of the state-of-the-art ConnectX-5 25/40/50/100Gb/s Ethernet and InfiniBand network adapter with Xilinx UltraScale FPGA accelerator.” The adapter card has a PCIe Gen4 host interface.
Mellanox’s Innova-2 PCIe Adapter Card
Key features of the card include:
- Dual-port 25Gbps Ethernet via SFP cages
- TLS/SSL, IPsec crypto offloads
- Mellanox ConnectX-5 Ethernet controller and Xilinx Kintex UltraScale+ FPGA for either “bump-on-the-wire” or “look-aside” acceleration
- Low-latency RDMA and RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE)
- OVS and Erasure Coding offloads
- Mellanox PeerDirect communication acceleration
- End-to-end QoS and congestion control
- Hardware-based I/O virtualization
Innova-2 is available in multiple, pre-programmed configurations for security applications with encryption acceleration such as IPsec or TLS/SSL. Innova-2 boosts performance by 6x for security applications while reducing total cost of ownership by 10X when compared to alternatives.
Innova-2 enables SDN and virtualized acceleration and offloads for Cloud infrastructure. The on-board programmable resources allow deep-learning training and inferencing applications to achieve faster performance and better system utilization by offloading algorithms into the card’s Kintex UltraScale+ FPGA and the ConnectX acceleration engines.
The adapter card is also available as an unprogrammed card, open for customers’ specific applications. Mellanox provides configuration and management tools to support the Innova-2 Adapter Card across Windows, Linux, and VMware distributions.
Please contact Mellanox directly for more information about the Innova-2 Adapter Card.
via Xcell Daily Blog articles http://ift.tt/2fBJIws
November 9, 2017 at 03:44AM