Napatech has begun shipping its 100Gbps flagship NT100E3-1-PTP, a PCIe Gen3 Ethernet accelerator that assists network appliance manufacturers as they make the jump from 1 to 10 and 10 to 100 Gbps networks. Network analysis at 100Gbps requires 10x the processing—supplied in the NT100E3-1-PTP by a Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA. The NT100E3-1 delivers more than double the processing performance of its predecessor while maintaining common APIs for fast time to market and staying within the standard PCIe form factor for ease of use with standard server platforms. A hardware abstraction layer allows multiple NT100 PCIe accelerators to work as one unit.
- Employs a CFP4 module for 100Gbps network connection
- Captures 100Gbps traffic in real time with zero packet loss regardless of frame size
- Time-stamps every Ethernet frame with 4nsec resolution
- Accelerates application performance while keeping the server CPU load below 5%
- Flexibly supports multiple time synchronization schemes including the IEEE1588-2008 Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
Here’s a short 2.5-minute video with more explanation: